• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Doubts Crossband with the IC-2820H

py3big

Oct 30, 2012
Hello, I have a radio Icom IC-2820H and realized unlocking Crossband removing the 8th LED on the right side. As tutorial on own internet. My question is should I also remove the 8 on the left? The Crossband not work after resetting the equipment. Strong 73 all py3big@gmail.com
I am Brazilian.

Mine took no modification to crossband, however the instruction manual doesn't tell you how to do it. I found that information here on the forum.
1.) Select your VHF freq. on the left side (in VFO or a memory channel)
2.) Select your UHF freq. on the right side (In VFO or memory channel, as well)
3.) Push AND Hold Both RIGHT and LEFT Band Knobs until you hear a BEEP
4.) WHILE STILL HOLDING KNOBS, Press the "F" button (between the right vol/sql knob and band knob) until it BEEPS and you see the "Skeleton Key" Icon Flash on the upper right side of the display
Crossband is ready to use. You can not change freq. until deactivated.

TO DEACTIVATE:
Press "F" until you hear beep and/or key icon (in upper right corner of display) disappear.

Original thread here -->http://www.worldwidedx.com/icom/58691-proper-crossband-repeat-method-icom-ic-2820-a.html

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ AWP:
    Is it possible to be on a lake and have a homing directional beam being emitted from the shore so a person could navigate to that beam's source? For example at night to a jetty.
  • @ BJ radionut:
  • @ wavrider:
    sea que sea que,
    +1