• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Drake W-4

georgiaboy753

Nov 18, 2011
Hey guys. New guy on the block and I need some info on a meter I have. I got a Drake w-4 meter from a friend of mine in a trade we made on some CB radio stuff. I don't know a lot about this meter it is in real good shape and seems to work real good. I want to sell it to help pay for a good 2 meter radio but I have no idea what it is worth. can some one help me out here. Thanks.

Hey guys. New guy on the block and I need some info on a meter I have. I got a Drake w-4 meter from a friend of mine in a trade we made on some CB radio stuff. I don't know a lot about this meter it is in real good shape and seems to work real good. I want to sell it to help pay for a good 2 meter radio but I have no idea what it is worth. can some one help me out here. Thanks.

Depending on condition ,$40 - $60 on eBay.

You know I was thinking about 50.00 bucks. But I did not know and I looked on E-bay the only thing i can find is a Manuel for it no meters listed. well I guess that is a good start on getting the 2 meter radio.

You know I was thinking about 50.00 bucks. But I did not know and I looked on E-bay the only thing i can find is a Manuel for it no meters listed. well I guess that is a good start on getting the 2 meter radio.

Check out the link below. I just orderd one of these new for $55 shipped. Dual band 2m/70cm HT if somethng you'd be interested in. Good choice if your a new ham.

http://www.worldwidedx.com/product-reviews/129278-baofeng-uv-3r-mkii-review-2m-440mhz-mini-handitalkie.html

That would be a good one for me so I can take it with me and use it at home as well. and for 50.00 bucks what is not to like about it. Thanks for the link

w4 meter

I wouldn't take less than $75 for a W4 in very good condx. I've seen them go as high as $125. They are an AVERAGE reading meter, not peak reading, so if your rig puts out 100w, you will not see 100w output on voice SSB, more likely about 40w. The meter movement is just not fast enough to do peak reading SSB. In general, they are very accurate, dependable and high quality for their age.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.