• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Drive around antennas

B

Bootlegger123

anybody have any plans/ideas on a mobile beam,,i listed a post awhile back with no luck,so im gonna try again maybe this will spark a thought,,just looking for something to play with..

Bootlegger
pimp.gif

</p>

anybody have any plans/ideas on a mobile beam,,i listed a post awhile back with no luck,so im gonna try again maybe this will spark a thought,,just looking for something to play with..

Bootlegger
pimp.gif

</p>

Here is a link to check out the 4 antenna set up.

www.comteksystems.com/

It is intended for base operation, but for 10/11 meters should work mobile.

I'm in the process of looking for some one to build a custom ladder rack (that's what I tell my accountant) with flat surfaces to accommodate the 4-square, the "Super Scanner" type antenna, and the half yagi type set up you most often see at keydowns. I hope I never have to carry a ladder.

I was going to give them all a try. I'm thinking the "Super Scanner" type will be the best all around antenna. The Yagi type will be best when parked on a hill top.

Let me know if you get any closer to trying one of them. I've been on the road almost 3 of the last 4 months so I haven't had a lot of spare time at home. But I made a lot of sketches sitting in the hotel.

There is a high geek factor with one of these antennas, but I use my radio addition to hide my stripper and alcohol addiction.

</p>

Here is a link to check out the 4 antenna set up.

www.comteksystems.com/

It is intended for base operation, but for 10/11 meters should work mobile.

I'm in the process of looking for some one to build a custom ladder rack (that's what I tell my accountant) with flat surfaces to accommodate the 4-square, the "Super Scanner" type antenna, and the half yagi type set up you most often see at keydowns. I hope I never have to carry a ladder.

I was going to give them all a try. I'm thinking the "Super Scanner" type will be the best all around antenna. The Yagi type will be best when parked on a hill top.

Let me know if you get any closer to trying one of them. I've been on the road almost 3 of the last 4 months so I haven't had a lot of spare time at home. But I made a lot of sketches sitting in the hotel.

There is a high geek factor with one of these antennas, but I use my radio addition to hide my stripper and alcohol addiction.

</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?