• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

drive my eagle 500 amp

211 in tha mag

Apr 11, 2005
Is this the Kengrich Eagle 500 Base amp? it is Brown Woodgrain looking box? If so, you dont need to put anything over a dual final radio into that amp, and about a 2 watt dead key.

cdx401sig.gif

</p>

hi guys

my question is this .... I have a couple of mobile linear amps...one is a 75 watt one is a 150....if i use one of these to drive my eagle 500 instead of just the 18 watts my golden eagle mark 4 puts out...will i see a signifant difference....or might i fry something..

73's

cobra

</p>

I have owned 7 Kenrich amps over the years and they are telling you the gospel.Dont overdrive that amp.Like was said above if you want more power buy a bigger amp.Take care.

MyOutlawSig1.jpg

texas_dx_license.jpg

GoArmy1.gif

2TX922

IR2622

CDX922

WO922

YG22

LS22

DX22

MM22

LW22

</p>

I Know this is an old thrread but...

I have a Kenrich 500 now and am looking for any info about it like schematic or service manual i can find. All I have found so far is a fuzzy schematic off cbtricks site.

Thanks for the help

I Know this is an old thrread but...

I have a Kenrich 500 now and am looking for any info about it like schematic or service manual i can find. All I have found so far is a fuzzy schematic off cbtricks site.

Thanks for the help
Go to CBtricks.com and look in the amp section. You will find what you are looking for.

drewbOy, maybe husker did not see you had all ready been to cbtricks website, though he quoted your post. Ask him to lend you his "fuzzy viewer screen protecter", then maybe you can see it. Good luck.............

Fuzzy? I worked with schematics way worse than this one. Just click on the "+" button on the PDF toolbar to zoom in and you should be able to find anything you need. It used to be rough when you had a xeroxed copy of a xeroxed copy of a...........

BC

That box was built before dual final exports were around. I would not even run a dual final into it if it has driver tubes. I was made to run with a cb and it is old. I never owned one but had a scout and fried the tubes with a dual final radio years ago. Like others said if wanting more power get a bigger box.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.