• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

DSS 1010BB Schematic

Bobretiredusn

bobretiredusn
May 25, 2012
South Dakota
Hi; I'm VERY new at this, so please excuse any mistakes I may make.
I'm looking for a schematic for a DSS 1010 BB linear amplifier. The serial number is 0478354. It's a pre-1970 linear.
It went up in smoke a few days ago and I'd like to repair it rather than replacing it.
I'd appreciate any help anyone might be able to give me.
Thanks and have a safe Memorial Day; Bob[EMAIL="bobretiredusn@msn.com"

You can find the Schmo, and other info at bennies web-site @ cb Tricks.

Digital Sport Systems 500S 500B 1010S 1010B

100_0370.jpg

100_0373.jpg

You can also find the Factory Modification Sheet that allows you to RE-Bias it to class AB so it will sound better on SSB if it is a older model that was not biased.
The transistors used in that amp are no longer available and because they use stud mounting ( 145A-09 case style) you will need to find something to replace them, and that most likely will be somewhat expensive.
MRF 453A `s will work, or possibly MRF 492A`s and they can still be found, but again, they are pricey, you are looking at 80/90 Bucks to replace both.
I would call and talk to the Guys at RFParts and see what they have to use as a replacement that will not break the bank.
It depends on what the value of the amp is to you if it is worth the cost to fix.

As Always, Many thanks to Bennie and all the hard work he put`s into finding , and saving all of this info on his site.

Jeff

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.