• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Dual Antenna's Question

penatrator500 5/8 or maco 5/8 up as high as possible. minumin 36 feet
get some GOOD coax like lmr 400 to keep losses to a minumin
when done properly ya should see distances around 10-20 miles
depending on terrain , other cb chatter,ect. actual milage will vary but
this is a GREAT start

The thing that I have been pondering from the very start of this thread is, if you decide on a single antenna, will you change your user name.....:whistle:

NO I come from a FAMILY of Truckers....... That's how the name came about... :pop: :confused:

MY Mom's a Trucker, My Dad's a Trucker, My Uncle on my Dad's Side is a Trucker.....

Even in a semi one quality properly set up antenna is better then running co-phase antennas. That is a different topic I guess.

All you need is ONE BASE ANTENNA. I run an IMAX 2000 on 20 feet of mast pipe. On AM I have no trouble talking 12-15 miles, and SSB is around 35 miles. This is with a Uniden Madison radio into a 2 pill amplifier on Med, about 110 watts.

Remember that on a base or really any antenna height is might. This means instead of pissing around with trying to run two base antennas (dumb as he!! idea), work on getting one antenna as high up in the air as you can. 20 feet will work, 30-40 feet even better, 60-70 feet and you will be kicking some butt with just a barefoot radio.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.