• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

DUBBLE SIDED TAPE

Stellasstillarat

Aug 14, 2014
Has anyone used a dubble sided foam tape for radio use? I'm looking for something that will have holding power without ripping the finish off a cb radio or the like. I would like to attach my madison's speakers to the side of the radio. I would also like to use it to secure a 3 window meter to the top of the shelf it's on so I don't have to hold it down while calibrating or changing meter power output. I've just built a 3 shelf radio/mic's/ meter and amplifier station setup on wheels. I need this tape for several uses. I need to secure a few items but don't want to use screws/nuts and bolts. I've used dubble sided tape for pictures/posters but, I need something can support about a pound and won't ruin the finish of the item if I decide to remove it. I did some online research but reviews are all over the place. Any suggestions?

Has anyone used a dubble sided foam tape for radio use? I'm looking for something that will have holding power without ripping the finish off a cb radio or the like. I would like to attach my madison's speakers to the side of the radio. I would also like to use it to secure a 3 window meter to the top of the shelf it's on so I don't have to hold it down while calibrating or changing meter power output. I've just built a 3 shelf radio/mic's/ meter and amplifier station setup on wheels. I need this tape for several uses. I need to secure a few items but don't want to use screws/nuts and bolts. I've used dubble sided tape for pictures/posters but, I need something can support about a pound and won't ruin the finish of the item if I decide to remove it. I did some online research but reviews are all over the place. Any suggestions?
I have used the heavy duty velcro to hold my meter to the top of my radio with excellent results. I got the black stuff from Wally word.

3M double sided tape. been using it for years on everything including radios and haven't had any damage to anything yet. When you pull it off after it's been warm it can leave a rubbery bit but that peels right off.

I mention 3M tape in a post and then next time I come here there is an ad at the bottom for 3M tape products. This happens just about anywhere I go on the web these days. Bombarded by ads 24/7 it seems makes me not want to buy anything.

I mention 3M tape in a post and then next time I come here there is an ad at the bottom for 3M tape products. This happens just about anywhere I go on the web these days. Bombarded by ads 24/7 it seems makes me not want to buy anything.

Welcome to the 2014 holiday season.....and it will only get worse.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.