• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Dummy load identification

Tokin

The Man With No Shoes
Oct 31, 2019
SandBox
I grabbed a deal on ebunk last week which consisted of a Bird 43 with a 5w element and a dummy load. The dummy load is unmarked with n connector and rf test port.
I found one similar on ebay out of Australia with a little more info but nothing solid. They think this is a 100w/50w continuous good to 1.? ghz but is there any way to know for sure? Anyone here by chance have owned one of these?
15908515676152829476679588674214.jpg

Thanks folks!

Reactions: S&W357

Celwave is a well known for making a variety of commercial quality VHF / UHF / and microwave antenna products that also includes a special marine line. If you’re setting up a repeater, their duplexers, circulators etc. are considered among the best. All USA made.

Reactions: Slowmover and Tokin
Celwave is a well known for making a variety of commercial quality VHF / UHF / and microwave antenna products that also includes a special marine line. If you’re setting up a repeater, their duplexers, circulators etc. are considered among the best. All USA made.
Good to know, thank you. It came in a lot sale pn ebunk. $176 to my door for all of it and it all works.
Sometimes youre the windshield and sometimes youre the bug lol
20200530_115525.jpg
Next

The 8 dB pick off is approx. 16% of the total input power. I have a 2KW dummy load with a 20 dB pick off and get hooked up wrong at times wondering whats wrong NOW!
That's why the pick off connector is usually at BNC sometimes.

Jay in the Great Mojave Desert

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.