• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

DX-959 Receiver Alignment Typo Error

4ZERO99

Jun 25, 2013
I'm not sure where to post this so here goes:

I can't seem to get a hold of anyone at cbtricks to find out it there is a typo on the receive alignment page for the DX-959 Receiver Alignment for the

LSB Sensitivity:
Set radio to CH 19 LSB mode.VOL control fully clockwise.RF SG setting to 27.184 MHz @ 0.5 uVMOD to off Connect AF VTVM or scope to IC2 Pin 7.
RF Generator to ANT Jack L11, L12 Adjust for maximum audio output.

This has to be a typo as there is no IC2 on this board and isn't even on the list of components.

Is there anyone here a member of cbtricks that can update this to the correct IC #?
Thanks

I guess it helps to look at the schematic, but still wonder why that isn't on the parts list as a IC2 and is it really an IC it kinda doesn't look like one, what does it do, do you know, kinda looks like a distribution point of sorts.

Thanks.

it is the Voltage Controlled Oscillator.

a change in voltage coming in to this oscillator corresponds to a proportional change in frequency at the output.

that is the simple version.
LC

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.