• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

DX 98 VHP

A local guy has run one for about a year. It's broke twice on him, this time he burned some things up inside. Since this is the tech and repair section I assume yours is broke too? If not you might get more replys as to how good a radio if you post in the Export radio section.

My friend got a new tuned by Sparky.... He is really happy with it, it sound good on SSB and AM

He did have a problem with the frequency display lights going out! Hes going to have to send it back to Galaxy and they said there turn it back to stock!

I have heard the new Galaxy's have problems with the freq display, If anyone is going to buy one the factory refurbished are the best ones to get!

Some of the EXTRA high power radios with the little heat sinks and built-in little fans have had overheating problems and there doesn't seem to be anything you can do about it. It is poor design.

Want that much power? Get a medium power radio and push a pill box with it.

Good luck

Wire Weasel you hit the nail right on the head. Then you have one miss tuned for too much carrier, stuff it in an overhead radio cubby hole, and maybe run it on too skinny of a wire. I can smell the smoke already.

I run mine on a clean 12V supply in the Envoy, still got all the power I need with no heating problems.

I eventually will use it to push a LipZippper straight 6 for those "special occasions". :D

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    BLACKOUT HF
  • @ BJ radionut:
    I am beginning the packing process...XENIA bound Going "Lite": this year....2 items for sale...Rig #1 = FT-920/Gud to Ex condition/Hand Mike/pwr cord/manual (NO BOX) ... #2 = My 1 owner FT-950....EX condition...Original Shipping Double Box/Factory Manual/Never used hand mike...Booths 9107-9111...Ya'al come by say hello...
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Incoming Region Produces X3 Solar Flare
    May 15, 2024 @ 14:55 UTC
    Another major solar flare, but this time from an active region just beginning to turn into view off the east limb. It is possible that the group responsible is old AR 3654 from the previous rotation. The latest flare, an X2.99 event just peaked at 14:38 UTC (May 15). Stay tuned