• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Dx anyone?

ghutch

Sep 24, 2010
Anyone getting any good Dx.....10 has been good here in Texas.
EU yesterday morning was very strong....yesterday afternoon many Japanese ops booming into here all the way to South America.

Looks like the SPI should be giving us some good Dx contacts ?

my 25watt radio shack mobile and wire dipole 10ft off the roof managed to hit ISØBSR in Sardinia this morning at 28.438.
By far my farthest contact on 10m. 8843 miles..not too shabby for a under $100 system

Reactions: 3 people
Got in to Saudi Arabia Kuwait and Jordan - past weekend on 10m with 100w.
Nice propagation this weekend nice large signals.
Coming in early Sat an Sun around 7am on 10m.

My fishing pole 20m dipole broke in half past couple snow storms too much ice on the fiberglass - so now have half horizontal half vertical dipole.

Can't wait to get over freezing here in Ohio, going to over 50f on Friday:D

Philip

my 25watt radio shack mobile and wire dipole 10ft off the roof managed to hit ISØBSR in Sardinia this morning at 28.438.
By far my farthest contact on 10m. 8843 miles..not too shabby for a under $100 system

8843 miles from central Va. to Sardinia?? :blink: Better check whatever method you use to measure that again. :tongue: I show from Roanoke Va. to Cagliari, Sardinia as being only 4630 miles. Google Earth shows the same. My GPS computes it as 4633 miles or 7456 Km or 24,462,240 feet give or take an inch. :laugh: 8843 miles on the same heading would put you about 900 miles off the coast of Somalia. (y)

Yeah....I am a geography nerd. I am taking therapy for it however.

8843 miles from central Va. to Sardinia?? :blink: Better check whatever method you use to measure that again. :tongue: I show from Roanoke Va. to Cagliari, Sardinia as being only 4630 miles. Google Earth shows the same. My GPS computes it as 4633 miles or 7456 Km or 24,462,240 feet give or take an inch. :laugh: 8843 miles on the same heading would put you about 900 miles off the coast of Somalia. (y)

Yeah....I am a geography nerd. I am taking therapy for it however.

you're right...and QRZ mapping apparently sucks
I think it was taking me a REALLY long way. and I posted that without enough coffee or beer, one of the other
QRZ says Distance 8844.3 mi (14233.5 km)
Long Path 16012.5 mi (25769.7 km)

must be gov't worker

Check out the map that QRZ creates to show the beam heading and distance. I checked it with the same callsign you contacted in Sardinia and it said from here in Nova Scotia the distance was 9332 miles on a heading of 180 degrees, due SOUTH but it drew the line on a bearing of about 195 degrees and terminated in no-man's land somewhere in Antarctica. LOL:LOL:

QRZ mapping for distance and bearing is waaaaay off.

I see what happened. His coordinates are wrong. He is listed as being at

Latitude-89.979167 (89° 58' 45'' S) Longitude-179.958333 (179° 57' 29'' W) Grid SquareAA00aa
. QRZ mapping info is correct however the coordinates have to be correct for it to work. I checked several other call signs and they all worked good so I went back and looked at IS0BSR. His info is wrong. It puts him at the south pole.:D

stupid work filters have me limited as to content, I was assuming, and didn't pay attention he was part polar bear.
fine!
I talked to this guy on an island a long way away, on a cheap radio with a speaker wire antenna...hahaha

Reactions: 1 person
stupid work filters have me limited as to content, I was assuming, and didn't pay attention he was part polar bear.
fine!
I talked to this guy on an island a long way away, on a cheap radio with a speaker wire antenna...hahaha

Sorry but there are no polar bears in the Antarctic, just penguins........ DOHHH!! There I go again being a geography nerd! I have another therapy appointment scheduled for first thing in the morning I promise.

Anyone getting any good Dx.....
Not here............Just the same old countries - France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Uk, Scotland, Belgium, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finnland, Indonesia, S. Korea, Russia, Philippines, Thailand and of course S. America.:sad::sad::sad::sad::sad:

Good stuff guys.....good here SWLing and a few contacts stateside. Hearing a few Russian Ukraine eastern EU stations. I need just few more to get 100.
Larry,Phil great stuff you guys always hunt up some good ones!

Despite the distance being wrong... great contact, especially considering what you were running. Propagation is cool. Congrats!

Brett

33sd132 jim had a good opening today from alaska into europa at a realtive strange time.
Around 10.00 UTC he managed to get evan a mobile station from Denmark.

In Holland he could be heard using only a moxon at 8 meters above ground.

And watch out for 202at...Dave....(Bhutan) probarbly on 530 he might be on again soon.

hmm..Alaska certainly was a nice opening !

Great conditions this weekend to Ohio, stayed open late till 10pm.

Heard many many stations, few I couldn't break the pile ups.
Many of Russian stations, again conditions were great.

On 10m bunch new ones for me:
UK8ZC Loc: Uzbekistan 5/5
UN7BEW Loc: Kazakhstan 5/6
A92HK Loc: Bahrain 5/8
RA22AA Loc: Kaliningrad 5/9+10
8R1AK Loc: Guyana 5/9+
UK9AA Loc: Uzbekistan 5/7
TA7EB Loc: Turkey 5/6
4L1AN Loc: Georgia 5/8
EX8BS Loc: Kyrgyzstan 4/5

On 11m:
80sd103 Bolivia 5/7 - one new one.
307at101 Kaliningrad 5/9
50sd109 Russia 4/7
91mu001 Indonesia 4/5
302sd200 As Russia 5/5

On 11m heard 79, 153, 116 div but so much qsb couldn't get them.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated