• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

DX Engineering

jdchet

Jan 19, 2002
Rootstown, Ohio
After living out here in the Buckeye for almost 5 years I finally walked into DX Engineering in Talmadge, Oh. yesterday! With all the China Virus restrictions over the last 2 years the store usually wasn't staffed. Well I needed some coax so I decided to go and check out the store. First you have to walk through Summit Racing. That is a neat experience, especially if your any kind of "motorhead"! Walk in the small store, toward the back of Summit and there's a couple of hams shooting the breeze by the counter and to the right is a collection of new ham radios all lit up that made my wallet hurt! Struck up a short conversation with the guys at the counter and had a good time. Got my coax and went about my business. BTW their coax is top notch and it's real nice to be able to ride 10 miles down the road to pick it up when I need it.

JD

Haven't been to the store, but I have to agree with you JD on the quality of DXE's coax. Seems well made and still in great shape after 5 years of weather. Easy to work with.

Just leafing through the catalog makes my wallet hurt. :rolleyes:

$675 in 1959=$6,872.38 in 2022 / HT-32 Transmitter ONLY
$395 in 1959=$4,021.62 in 2022 / SX-101 Receiver only
Almost $11,000 for station! ++200LBS shipping cost o_O

2455589416_0fe74fa788_b.jpg

Amateur Radio cheaper now than before...

2101lrg.jpg

TOP 5 radios in world!!! $4800 USD Shipped>

Yea I know ...but still a reality ya'al
All the Best
Gary

After living out here in the Buckeye for almost 5 years I finally walked into DX Engineering in Talmadge, Oh. yesterday! With all the China Virus restrictions over the last 2 years the store usually wasn't staffed. Well I needed some coax so I decided to go and check out the store. First you have to walk through Summit Racing. That is a neat experience, especially if your any kind of "motorhead"! Walk in the small store, toward the back of Summit and there's a couple of hams shooting the breeze by the counter and to the right is a collection of new ham radios all lit up that made my wallet hurt! Struck up a short conversation with the guys at the counter and had a good time. Got my coax and went about my business. BTW their coax is top notch and it's real nice to be able to ride 10 miles down the road to pick it up when I need it.

JD
I agree, their coax is top notch, so is their service and customers support. They usually have interesting topics on their YouTube and Facebook channels on Tuesdays as well. Living in SE Texas, and with an Ham Radio Outlet being around the Dallas area I can get next day delivery via standard UPS ground, and both of these stores beat the heck outta Gigaparts, so I give DX 99% of my business, and the other 1% to HRO.

Reactions: Rwb

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.