• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

DX QSL Cards and IRCs (no more)

Rory Bowers

Oct 27, 2015
Now that IRCs (International Reply Coupons) are no longer available it has gotten harder to get DX QSL cards back from contacts. My DX friends tell me that all it takes is three to five American dollars. Is there another way to get a QSL card back on an SASE without sending money in the envelope with my QSL card??? I can see my envelope arriving without the cash and me not getting a QSL back. Trying to find a safer way.

K5CKS

Use one of the ARRL's QSL Bureaus. I use to and it works fine but can take a lot longer to get a card than mailing direct. All the Bureau requires is for you to send them some SASE's to keep on file for cards they receive for you from DX contacts.

Otherwise, if you want a paper card you have to work it out with the ham on the other end of the conversation.

Here's some info on the QSL Bureau.

http://www.arrl.org/incoming-qsl-service

there are places that sell foreign stamps you can purchase and stick to the envelope making it a SASE but with the foreign and correct stamps on it. this is a little pricey however if it is for an all time new country and you REALLY want the card it may be a good option. Google foreign stamp sales. There is a ham operator that owns one such business and his prices are about the best however I cannot recall his name/call at the moment.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated