• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

DX-Skip

My post was strictly in reference to your first post finding it hard to talk to your wife. If its a popular dx channel, simply move. No other meaning implied. My apologies if otherwise.

I'm enjoying the hell out of this cycle. Wake up early and catch the European DX on the high frequencies, then later in the evening it's off to Hawaii or Australia. During the day it is common to have an extended QSO with stations on the other side of the country.

My only real complaint are the superbowlers who splatter all over the band and the Mexican stations who can't seem to decide if they want to USB, LSB or AM on any given frequency. Whistlers, noisemakers, foul-mouths and agitators are just part the CB experience. Of course we all wish they would find another hobby, such as stealing energized copper lines or something but they won't so we have to put up with them.

At night things generally quiet down and there is a very active group in my area, not to mention the truck traffic on 19.

It's always a good time to CB!

Reactions: 1 person
My post was strictly in reference to your first post finding it hard to talk to your wife. If its a popular dx channel, simply move. No other meaning implied. My apologies if otherwise.
I did not find your message offensive in any way. My wife and I use channel 30 am to be usually the quietest we have cell phones but living here in rural N.Y. in the Catskill mountains cell phone reception is sketchy and illegal to use in a moving vehicle which I personally know people who have received citations for this. I have installed a C.B. in my assigned commercial truck at work that I use occasionally which has a commercial radio also installed which I believe is UHF or VHF with a repeater. I have been trying to talk other co-workers into installing a C.B. also but with most people with limited knowledge of radio and antenna and interested in used or very cheap equipment but mostly with the skip so strong and everyday and having to tune the squelch up so high because of skip heterodyne noise and the occasional loud powerful skip talkers and only being to communicate with others that are with in eye sight of each other they are not interested and soon leave it turned off and eventually remove it this I believe is what has happened on a larger scale and has killed this hobby.

I have had enough myself Hammer, So much in fact I have sold all but one of my radios:( I figure in 4 or 5 years when things settle down again and with the advancements in technology they would have been obsolete anyhow. Whats the point in talking across the world to someone you don't know and will never meet when you can't talk across town? :thumbdown:

I use a radio for fun and for talking to whoever I can or want to local or dx. Radio is a hobby I love and I like talking to other countries. How they talk words they use and alot of time learn alittle something by talking to the or when I look up abit about the places they live. Just my take. Peace.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.