• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Dx2547 power supply issues

Switching - and you have the same noise - boy I'd like to think that is coincidence but does it still occur using a different outlet? Try preferably on the opposite pole of the three-phase 220 - use 120 on single phase in banks - setup.

IF the noise disappears, the outlet you had it on, or run to it, is suspect.

It's been a crazy year for weather - heat, air-you-can-wear as well as the A/C providing a means to offer a "Cold side" for moisture to collect, to add to the problem of corrosion.

Time to get out the DVM, test for leakage into ground or neutrals - even GFCIs' can fail - use a cold water pipe - the same one they use to bond the mains for the house electric on - because you may have a bigger problem. Start testing for voltages across terminals and to ground - ohmic too - on ground and neutral.

The Bigger problem? Loose, corroded wiring wire nuts or outlets with corroded copper to brass or Aluminum to Brass to Copper. Even a staple into the sheath or jacket of a home wire can let the moisture collect and corrode.

You can have leaky outlets caused by A/C air blowing into hot/muggy walls thru them forming condensate getting into the walls.

The buzzing can be a phasing issue from wires from both sides on the mains routed close together that are now leaky because insulation used to keep the moisture and electrical losses out is failing - old wiring can cause this.

The biggest indicator is your electric bill - if it jumped up considerably more in the past few years - it may be from the extra need for it yes, but the jumps usually follow the drop back to a "range of normal" - if you haven't been seeing that - suspect the home wiring or you have several devices on the mains causing this loss.

Reactions: sunbulls
Switching - and you have the same noise - boy I'd like to think that is coincidence but does it still occur using a different outlet? Try preferably on the opposite pole of the three-phase 220 - use 120 on single phase in banks - setup.

It's been a crazy year for weather - heat, air-you-can-wear as well as the A/C providing a means to offer a "Cold side" for moisture to collect, to add to the problem of corrosion.

Time to get out the DVM, test for leakage into ground or neutrals - even GFCIs' can fail - use a cold water pipe - the same one they use to bond the mains for the house electric on - because you may have a bigger problem. Start testing for voltages across terminals and to ground - ohmic too - on ground and neutral.

The Bigger problem? Loose, corroded wiring wire nuts or outlets with corroded copper to brass or Aluminum to Brass to Copper. Even a staple into the sheath or jacket of a home wire can let the moisture collect and corrode.

You can have leaky outlets caused by A/C air blowing into hot/muggy walls thru them forming condensate getting into the walls.

The buzzing can be a phasing issue from wires from both sides on the mains routed close together that are now leaky because insulation used to keep the moisture and electrical losses out is failing - old wiring can cause this.

The biggest indicator is your electric bill - if it jumped up considerably more in the past few years - it may be from the extra need for it yes, but the jumps usually follow the drop back to a "range of normal" - if you haven't been seeing that - suspect the home wiring or you have several devices on the mains causing this loss.
I tried the whole house

It is funny you mentioned my light bill is always high, plus my landlord is a licenced electrician.To me sounds like a open circuit some where .

Hmm...Hate to blame the landlord, because he may have to evict to determine is the home is safe. Especially if the local town "elected" get involved.

I had a crazy fool that had a bad well-water switch - made his meter spin. One day while I was away he pulled my meter to see if his and mine were the same results...I found this out later after he got arrested and put to jail for several offenses including a OUIL / DWI leading to accident causing death.

Needless to say I pay even closer attention to my bills from that experience.

Here is the deal i wired up the power supply directly to power source i get the same humming noise as the 1st one im really thinking has to do with my power sime where.

While I was taking care of my mother in Florida, I ended up replacing all the AC outlets and switches to achieve a steady voltage. She had a terrible problem controlling the ants. The little buggers traveled the wires and mucked up almost every socket and switch. It only takes a few of them to fry across the terminals. I’m sure the high humidly in Florida didn’t help either. I never experienced those problems elsewhere, but it gave me a new found respect as to what can happen under some circumstances.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.