• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

dx33hp

bigun297

Feb 14, 2007
pratt.ks
Guys i got a crazy question for the galaxy tech! Is it ok to volt the finals if you have the irf520 mosfet finals?.Hope this was'nt a stupid question,but i damn sure dont want to burn this new bad boy up!.It damn sure does swing like crazy,and loud as hell i'm impressed with this new radio!.And no i did not clip any transistors i dont beleive in that crap!.These radio's have plenty of modulation without doing any clipping!.And of course i did the 11meter conversion.Thats all ive done and that should be good enough.Please let me know!. bigun

Master Chief said:
Its NEVER OK to volt ANY final!

What he said.

8)

The mosfets have more gain than the original bipolars did so you can make a slight adjustment to the AMC holding time by changing R178 from a 4.7K to a 1K ohm 1/4 watt.

This will give you more range on VR14 (hi pwr mod adjust), VR23 (med pwr mod adjust) and VR12 (low pwr mod adjust) without defeating the AMC.

One other update to the DX33HP that I would recommend is changing out the input DC chokes. These were acceptable for bipolars but get too hot with the mosfets. Using #22 buss wire wrapped around a ferrite core such as the VK200-Style Ferrite Chokes will work just fine and can be found at RFParts.com

Ok! sir tech man hahahaha!,thanx for the info on volting the mosfets.And i'll change out the choke's,and R-178.Thankyou very much for the support sir thats what i love about galaxy radios, is the support and the awsome modulation strait out of the box. bigun (p.s) Why would a galaxy dx33hml have buzzing sound on low volume?Ive changed out d-23 d-24,replaced tr-36 and tr-38.Realigned again and still has buzzing problem!,Any thoughts? bigun

bigun297 said:
Ok! sir tech man hahahaha!,thanx for the info on volting the mosfets.And i'll change out the choke's,and R-178.Thankyou very much for the support sir thats what i love about galaxy radios, is the support and the awsome modulation strait out of the box. bigun (p.s) Why would a galaxy dx33hml have buzzing sound on low volume?Ive changed out d-23 d-24,replaced tr-36 and tr-38.Realigned again and still has buzzing problem!,Any thoughts? bigun

hmmm, did it buzz before you changed out all those parts?

Does the buzzing sound speed up or slow down when you move either of the echo controls?

I'm no tech here but if you have a new version 33 with Mosfets why screw with it? Have a correct conversion,tune,and alignment done and leave it the heck alone.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.