• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Easy Radio Mount

I'm sorry, that is a pic of the overhead console I bought for the pickup I use to have that I was writing about. I should have stated that.

Here is how it appears above-

sonwatcher-albums-my-shack-other-meanderings-picture1389-oldsmobile-bravada1.jpg

Here is a better pic of the layout of the dash area.

sonwatcher-albums-my-shack-other-meanderings-picture1390-oldsmobile-bravada3.jpg

There is a small storage tray in the console but not big enough to hold a radio. Plus it would get in the way of the cup holders. The one place I can see is under the dash near the console if there is a bolt there to hold the radio bracket. Everything is covered under there so I'll have to see if any bolts are accessible in that area.

Good greif! They sure dont make cars very radio friendly these days :cry:

About the only place that I can see is just to the right of steering wheel and left of the tranny hump under the dash if there is even enough room in that area to get a radio mounted ...and that spot dont really look to good over all.

Chances are good the steering wheel will block the view of the radio or present a problem with the mic cord when radio is in use ...but that is about the only place that I can see to put a radio

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.