• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Echo Max 2000

Nov 2, 2015
I have an echomax 2000 desk mic. This is really a great mic. I'm not a fan of echo at all. Having said that, I still believe this is the best desk top mic I have ever owned. I will use just a tad of delay, but never echo. The locals here that like echo have been begging me for this mic for years.

There is some kind small noise that's being transmitted from the mic when not talking or i between words. Sounds like an old dial up modem sound. It's not very loud and can't be heard from the headphone jack on the unit it self. Ivhave changed cords, batteries and even unhookes the little battery/tx light. I have looked around for a tech that can work on these but have had no luck. Does anyone know of a tech or good shop that can re work this mic?

sounds kind of like the amplifier in the mic is oscillating.

does this happen regardless of the gain setting?

have you tried a different radio with it to make sure the problem is in the mic itself?

any tech should be able to stop it from oscillating if that's the issue.
LC

You could try putting some of those Snap Chokes around the mic cord. Get a large diameter one and wrap the cord through it several times. Good luck!

I'd check your mike plug as well, I was getting a high pitched hum on one of my desk mikes and there was one tiny strand of wire on the plug touching another wire.

I love my Echomax as well. I retired my Turner +3 a number of years ago and the Echomax is the main microphone. I use it on my ham radios and guys are always asking what I'm using.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.