• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Electret Desk Mic for Anytone

jrd426

Sep 5, 2018
Does anyone know if Qixiang will ever produce a desk type mic that will pair up well with anytone or similar board radios? Maybe they will if they ever make and release a 5555n2 type base station radio. Anyone know if one exists ?

Does anyone know if Qixiang will ever produce a desk type mic that will pair up well with anytone or similar board radios? Maybe they will if they ever make and release a 5555n2 type base station radio. Anyone know if one exists ?
There is a way to make an adapter from the plug-in RJ-45 to a four pin Cobra, Uniden configuration. I’ve been using a Turner +3 desk Mike, the gray one with my Antone Radio. You would need to cannibalize a microphone that will plug into the Antone, you need to find the audio wire, the ground and the two switching wires. It’s possible I’ve done it.

Reactions: BC Coyote
There is a way to make an adapter from the plug-in RJ-45 to a four pin Cobra, Uniden configuration. I’ve been using a Turner +3 desk Mike, the gray one with my Antone Radio. You would need to cannibalize a microphone that will plug into the Antone, you need to find the audio wire, the ground and the two switching wires. It’s possible I’ve done it.
Thanks Tucker. I have an adapter as you describe but surprised there isnt really an option available yet that i'm aware of anyways made for these radios in a electret desk mic.

I think the simple answer is that these radios are designed as mobiles. I know lots of people use them as bases (I do !), but Anytone sells them as mobiles which likely explains why there is no base type mic available.
I've tried several different mics on my Q5N2, including my Turner +3, and everybody says the stock hand mic sounds better than any of them. So that's the one I use.

Reactions: jrd426
I think the simple answer is that these radios are designed as mobiles. I know lots of people use them as bases (I do !), but Anytone sells them as mobiles which likely explains why there is no base type mic available.
I've tried several different mics on my Q5N2, including my Turner +3, and everybody says the stock hand mic sounds better than any of them. So that's the one I use.
You are probably right BC. Likely they wont put one on the market until which time a base type radio is made. 73

Reactions: BC Coyote

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.