• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

ELECTRIC INTERFERENCE ALL DAY 9/27

I used my radio shack dx 390 to track down the source of my recived interferance, but had no luck.
I'm happy to report that the interferance has dropped down to a barely noticeable 1/2 s-unit, and even drops out completely.
I wish I could've found the source, but I'm just glad it's going bey bye. The one good thing to come out of this exsperiance is the discoverey of the external dsp speaker.
I will be purchesing one as soon as I do a little more research.
As of now I'm going with the BHI mk3. Thanks

Maybe one of your neighbors started growing weed and you're getting interference from their grown light ballast?

I get a lot of static on my side of town in my mobile. It's worst at night and appears to be coming from the power lines. It's so annoying because a lot of the people I talk to only put 3 to 7 LBS on me and are several miles away. Ferrite Beads and adding Schottky diodes in my radio have helped, but I still get 7 lbs of noise in several areas, sometimes for several miles. It isn't arcing, it's just a solid hissing sound. Once I get off the main road(s) it drops off.

Electrical arching can usually be filtered by the noise blanker if your radio has a good one built in. On some radios though it will increase your bleedover. Try turning everything off in your house, but your radio. I mean turn every breaker off, but the one your radio is connected to. Unplug everything on that circuit, but your radio. If you still get it, then there isn't much you can do other than trying to filter it and maybe moving your antenna.

One thing is for sure and that is static is worst than it used to be on 11 meters.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.