• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

electronics wiring issue

BammBamm

Instigators ...173 on the southside.
May 24, 2010
Steger,Illinois
I'm sorry if this is posted in the wrong spot but was unsure where to post it. I am aware this is not actually radio specific but figured if anyone would know that someone on here would. I have a 1986 honda goldwing with driver to passenger intercom and Am/FM cassette radio and 40 channel cb that I am working on for my boss and it has an intercom system on it that uses 5 pin din style connectors. He is wanting me to wire in a 3.5mm 4 conductor jack to be able to connect to a droid cell phone so he can use the helmet mounted headset/mic to answer and talk on his cell phone so he doesn't have to stop and pull off his helmet to recieve a call as he is a business owner. The helmet set is a J&M and has a dynamic mic. I have wiring diagrams for the phone and helmet mic along with motorcycle factory wiring diagram. Here's the catch no matter what I do the mic won't work, I get sound from the phone to the helmet speakers but the phone mic is the only one picking up sound and not the helmet mic. I have been dealing with this for a few days and can't figure it out.:censored::headbang Any ideas are welcomed.:pop:

The simple solution is to have the wiring diagram for the telephone. Yeah, right, good luck ever getting that! Right?
I tend to think the mic in the telephone isn't a dynamic mic but probably an electret, requires a voltage applied for output. Been way too long and can't remember how to 'convert' for that, sorry. That may give you some ideas though?
- 'Doc

Just for grins.
Have you thought about 'Bluetooth'ing the thing?

possibly phone menu option?

several phones that i have had had the option of what mic to use in the menu.

Doc wearing a bluetooth with a helmet is VERY uncomfortable. We did find the output diagram from the phone for what pin on the jack does what but it doesn't help as any wiring to it will not get the mic to work. I also thought about the need for power but i'm afraid of putting voltage into the mic + and having it back feed through the bikes intercom system and burning something up like the helmet mic or God forbid the whole intercom system.:eek:If I damage this bike me and my boss will be like*Don`t do it*. I am so baffled by this as it seems so simple.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated