• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Emperor TS-5010

Y

Yogi_2864

Does anyone have any info on what this radio can do on am and ssb with the variable RF power all the way down and all the way up? I was just wondering because I have one here that I want to hook my Shootingstar 225 Plus to when I get my car payed off and on the road. The other thing is would the radio need to be tuned to run this amp or will I be able to keep the radio as it is with out having to monkey around with getting tuned?

Thanks in advance
Yogi_2864

i use one in the car, its set for 10w with power controll full up and around 1/2watt with it turned down, i have the alc set at 14w on a whistle on ssb so i dont smoke my old messenger m4v.

Ok thats cool because I have had a few people tell me that I would have to get my radio tuned to be able to run this amp I have. I figured that if I turned the RF power knob down that I would be able to run the amp but some folks seem to have a different opinion on this topic.

Yogi_2864

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.