• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Emperor TS5010 no receive

liquidh8

Aug 7, 2011
Hello all, hope the holidays were good!

I have an Emperor TS5010, getting ready to spend a bit of time on it. It has no RX. It does transmit. I checked all the quick stuff after I bought it, PA, volume, squelch, etc. I can transmit near it and get nothing, no bars on the s-meter or anything. :confused:

Just wondering if someone has any tips on what would go on these. I have a few 2510's (4), and it looks very similar but different, lol. I managed to get the service manual and a schematic from an old post of bob85's, nice!

Thanks again!

Bump for some help!

Update, opened it up. It had some other issues I sorted out. Messed up traces and the like. It puts out good power and on frequency.

I I use a radio next to it, with no antenna on the 5010, it does receive. (loc/dx works) Just when an antenna is hooked up, I get nothing. Like the receiver is numb or something. {Cry_river}

I have a shcematic.

Also, there is a little mini board, glued to the top of the PLL chip. Not sure what that thing is for.

I snapped a few pics of the small pcb.
9u2azydu.jpg

It is hooked up to the cpu board, and the purple wire on the main pcb.
ravu2are.jpg

Also, there is no static with the antenna hooked up. Uggg.:confused:

ok. I fixed the receive. there were two Mc 301 diodes that were bad in the agc
circuit. it was also screwdrivered pretty good on the receive cans.

Now, the s meter on the rx side is not working right. If I key up near it, the meter shows 3/4 scale. But with l o cal s strong stations, or any stations, there's no s meter reading.

any clues?

Figured I would revisit this thread. My Washington crapped out on me so untill I fix it, I will be using this radio.

As a recap. I do have receive, I fixed that. But, I have no s-meter movement on RX. Unless you are right outside my door. The RF and MOD functions work, the SWR cal and test function also have now meter movement.

As a side note, I was talking on it last night, and was getting 35 watts SSB, then it dropped to 18 watts. My mic battery may be dying, don't know yet. I have to steal the one from my truck and try it out.

Bump for some help!

Update, opened it up. It had some other issues I sorted out. Messed up traces and the like. It puts out good power and on frequency.

I I use a radio next to it, with no antenna on the 5010, it does receive. (loc/dx works) Just when an antenna is hooked up, I get nothing. Like the receiver is numb or something. {Cry_river}

I have a shcematic.

Also, there is a little mini board, glued to the top of the PLL chip. Not sure what that thing is for.
Hello i have the same mini board? What is it for ...dit you remove IT?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated