• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Empty box up for bid on Ebay!

I remember a sealed freeze wrapped hot dog, with receipt, from an NFC divisional playoff game sold for a couple of thousand dollars on Ebay.
The boxes for the Cobra radios do have serial numbers stamped on them......if the numbers don't match that would be a wasted effort.
Ebay continues to entertain me when excellent items sell for a fraction of what they are worth and useless items command big $$$.
A quart of Mobil 1 synthetic motor oil selling for $8 plus $11 shipping plus used, beat all to hell, Texas Star 1 pill modulators selling for $30 less than brand new ones.
Used Palomar POS 225 amps auctioning for $165.

Not to dig up an old thread but thought I'd add to it.

Here's another empty box....even worse is at this time there's 5 bids up to $15 and the shipping charge is $15.

KENWOOD TS 440S BOX FOR RADIO | eBay

Guess it's true there is a sucker born every minute....

These pop up from time to time. If someone had a minty radio minus the box something like this could add to the value as long as the box didn't have a different serial number than the radio.

IMO if something is sold as 'Mint in box' that implies that it is the original box and not a replacement box. To suggest or represent it otherwise is disingenuous.

Something is original only once. If I were to pay a premium for a MIB 148, or 2000, or Pearce-Simpson then it damn well better be ALL original, including the box.

These pop up from time to time. If someone had a minty radio minus the box something like this could add to the value as long as the box didn't have a different serial number than the radio.

IMO if something is sold as 'Mint in box' that implies that it is the original box and not a replacement box. To suggest or represent it otherwise is disingenuous.

Something is original only once. If I were to pay a premium for a MIB 148, or 2000, or Pearce-Simpson then it damn well better be ALL original, including the box.

New Old Stock or New in box should be unmodified 100% but should be tested. Mint in box, leads to all kinds of interpretations.

Not to dig up an old thread but thought I'd add to it.

Here's another empty box....even worse is at this time there's 5 bids up to $15 and the shipping charge is $15.

KENWOOD TS 440S BOX FOR RADIO | eBay

Guess it's true there is a sucker born every minute....

It is not empty, their is styro foam in their

New Old Stock or New in box should be unmodified 100% but should be tested. Mint in box, leads to all kinds of interpretations.

I didn't see a mint anywhere in the box.

I guess someone will start making fake boxes, to sell on ebay soon.
Have you noticed all of the radios seem to come from "estate sales," and the seller never has an antenna to test these radios?

I saw that ad and laughed so hard. Then I clicked "check other items" and it seems he broke down the radio that went in that box and he has every single component of that rig for sale. Unbelievable!!! I couldn't add up what he could totally make but if he sold the 3 filters he's advertising those would bring him/her close to $300, notwithstanding what the other pieces sale for.

3's

I guess someone will start making fake boxes, to sell on ebay soon.
Have you noticed all of the radios seem to come from "estate sales," and the seller never has an antenna to test these radios?

Why, don't you know that any radio from an estate sale comes from a smoke free environment and was actually owned by a SK radio savy Ham that only turned it on on Sunday afternoons to make sure it would still work but never talked on it?

Not just anybody can own an antenna. But they sure do know the value of any and every radio ever made when they list it.

I saw that ad and laughed so hard. Then I clicked "check other items" and it seems he broke down the radio that went in that box and he has every single component of that rig for sale. Unbelievable!!! I couldn't add up what he could totally make but if he sold the 3 filters he's advertising those would bring him/her close to $300, notwithstanding what the other pieces sale for.

3's

Anything that has "Estate Sale" or "Have no way to test" in the listing should throw up red flags.
I remember seeing a listing for "6800 watt continuous power Blackmax Generator bought at a storage unit auction, no way to test and sold as is". They couldn't put gas in it and fire it up?????

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.