• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

End mounted yagi.

VK2LET

Jan 8, 2010
I have a dual band yagi, 2M/70cm and it is mounted at the end of the boom rather than in the middle.

My question is, do I have to have a counter balance on the other end when I place it on the mast above the rotator?

I am not sure of the weight of the antenna but I am concerned that this will apply to much weight on the rotator unevenly.

The rotator is quiet large and when all is set up I will have a mosely TA-33-M, 3 element tribander, a 3 element 6M yagi and the dual bander.

Rotator is a Kempro KR-2000.

Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Richard
VK2LET

You have several options, and I'm not too sure that there would be a great deal of imbalance anyway. Probably the easiest way of balancing the whole thing would be to 'scoot' that TA-33's mounting point back an inch or two, or the 6 meter beam.
Good luck.
- 'Doc

You didn't say how many elements were on the dual bander? I've seen quite a lot of end mounted 2m yagis...I really doubt you'll have much of a problem just because of that, unless it's a very large antenna.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.