• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Enforcer .64 Base

mrcoily

Apr 3, 2005
oregon
www.mrcoily.com
Hello playing around with the finished Enforcer,I was running the Freqs on the mfj259b,When set for 11 meters 27.160 its reading 1.0.1 R=50 X=1,,,Ok heres where it gets interesting according to the mfj and not retuning the antenna itself,,Dialing the meter down to 13.807mhz it's also showing a secondary usable 1.3.1 R=37 x=7 Almost 20 meters without retuning Yes it not 50 ohms but not to bad,So it looks like the Enforcer will be tunable from20-10-11-6 meters!Lots of fun building antennas,I am also finishing an 20 meter base antenna,But it looks like the Enforcer will get you there also!Well anyway you all have a good one 8) have to go turn some handles....Dan....CDX418 :beer :guitar :band
www.mrcoily.com
506b97c0.jpg

W5LZ said:
Coily',
Try it down around 9 Mhz (+/-) maybe a Mhz or so. That should be interesting too... ;)

- 'Doc
I will do that doc,I am showing some dip @8mhz and a 3.5 @40ohms.Ill see what it does after i retune,Any special frequency you are interested in there doc?I am going to get my ameture licence here soon and i am going to start building mostly ham band equipment anyway.73sss doc....Mrcoily.com

NorthStar said:
Looks nice Coily.
Thanks Northstar :wav All my antenna are built with the highest quality in mind and that runs over to my customers as well :guitar ,I am doing my very best to build the finest antenna possible and do whatever i must to take care of you all.

New Enforcer!

Nice to see everybody is still here,besides the Trouble makers they sucked:D Just ordered my new Enforcer base and can't wait to get it setup should be here in a few weeks.Thanks dan for the great service and all the help over the phone :LOL: looking forward to getting the base antenna up :!: I'll check back in about three weeks have another road trip in the big truck.
2 xTrucker coil
1 x Coily single dx
1 x Double dx
2X8 X-FORCE KICKING MY KITTY ON DOWN THE ROAD!!!

"I am going to get my ameture licence here soon and i am going to start building mostly ham band equipment anyway."

There are a couple articles on the web about building a 1/2 or 5/8 wave mobile antenna for 6 meters using a SS102 whip. It uses a shunt coil and mostly home depot parts. If you could build one using your coil design and can with stand smacking a few trees I would buy one.

Just a thought......

6 meter coily

Skip Talker said:
"I am going to get my ameture licence here soon and i am going to start building mostly ham band equipment anyway."

There are a couple articles on the web about building a 1/2 or 5/8 wave mobile antenna for 6 meters using a SS102 whip. It uses a shunt coil and mostly home depot parts. If you could build one using your coil design and can with stand smacking a few trees I would buy one.

Just a thought......

Hello Skip,I build a 6 meter coily i have a few hams running them they think there the best things since sclided bread. i would be more than happy to get you setup just give me a ring or shoot me an e-mail!73ss coily

'Coily,
I'm mostly interested in mobile around 80 and 40 meters, which usually means a 'BugCatcher' type antenna with a fairly large diameter coil. That'll resonate between 80 meters and 10 meters, depending on the length of the whip on top. Sometimes it doesn't reach too 10 meters, whip is too long. K5BUG isn't in the 'bidnez' anymore so keeping the base section and coil is about the 'best' bet, changing other parts of the antenna is sort of manditory now. Wanna try making an antenna like that?
- 'Doc

Antennas

W5LZ said:
'Coily,
I'm mostly interested in mobile around 80 and 40 meters, which usually means a 'BugCatcher' type antenna with a fairly large diameter coil. That'll resonate between 80 meters and 10 meters, depending on the length of the whip on top. Sometimes it doesn't reach too 10 meters, whip is too long. K5BUG isn't in the 'bidnez' anymore so keeping the base section and coil is about the 'best' bet, changing other parts of the antenna is sort of manditory now. Wanna try making an antenna like that?
- 'Doc
Hi Doc,I have some test antennas that use for buidling differant configuration in antennas for differand band width and i will see what i can come up with in 3.5-4.0 ,,7-7.3 khz and 28+mhz bands,,,73ss i have a very full week and i amnot sure when i will be able to get back with a answer so until then you have a good week....Coily

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.