• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

ept069611a single mosfet Galaxy DX 2547

Last edited:
Ok, update:

While taking a break for a few days over Christmas, I spoke with the owner of this radio. I asked him to go further into detail on it.

He told me he had just bought the radio, talked on it a few days, had the local tech (deceased now) look at it but the tech passed away before he got a chance to fix it but did inform the owner that some board which he can't remember the name of but does remember it starting with a "C" had gone bad.

That's the story, so what "c" board could he be referring to? Control board (for am/lsb/usb mode), cpu board, etc...?

Hey, thanks for reviving this thread, - it gets pushed down from all the other traffic - expecially on holidays...

Hope Kris Kringle was Kind to you and yours.
(You did put the Fire out in the Fireplace BEFORE he arrived....Else Krispy Krinkles is the end result)

Post #26 you said...

I ohmed out vr14 also, it goes up to around 10k and down to minimal very smoothly, although the VR seemed easier to turn than the rest, but it's a different type than the others at that, so that maybe normal for that type.

VR14 is a 5K - you measured 10K

Now I'm thinking you may have found the problem.

VR14 is able to adjsut FULL range in votlage - so - it's from 8+ VDC to almost ALL The Way Down... about maybe 0.1 VDC.

It's not changing and it's loose - replace it.

Here's why you're getting 10K... when it should be 5K and It IS NOT TIEING to ground - so it just looks like a high ohmic resistor...
upload_2021-12-28_10-38-16.png

Remove VR14 - the power up radio - should show 0 VDC at Q53 If it shows 8V then there is a bigger problem.

If VR14 opened up, to verify - reinstall it - you can install a simple 2.2K Resistor to check - across the Wiper to ground - and it should show a lower voltage. (5.6 to 6.5VDC)

If that shows up - then replace VR14 - and Q53 because it got a full 8V spike to kill the part and it's blown open on the Base - won't follow anything.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.