• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Erf-2030 Help!!!!

Trainwreck

Aug 4, 2012
:headbang Doing an erf-2030 mod on a cobra 29 , i followed all the manufacturers instructions that came with the final and component part. Got a low dead key and no forward swing, can anybody help me. I have now became bald from pulling all my hair out trying to figure this out. Any help would be gratefully appreciated. Trainwreck

When you say 'low dead key'; is it about 1/4 of a watt? If so; then you are reading the driver output. The final isn't working for whatever unknown reason.

Double check your check. Don't take anything for granted. Triple check your work. Make sure that there is an insulating mica between the ERF and where it is mounted. Be SURE to use the same mounting hardware for the ERF as the original transistor had.

Is it an older or newer model of the Cobra 29? This will make a difference, and will be noted on the instructions.

You might have to test the ERF out of the radio if all else fails. If it is bad; then get a Radio Shack IRF-510 or an IRF-520N (better) to replace it. The companion EN-1230 part is polarized and MUST be installed as shown.

http://www.cbtricks.com/miscellaneous/fet_papers/ekl/graphics/erf2030_cobra_29_mod.jpg

Erf2030 help

Thanks robb for the information. Went back change final with NEW erf2030 double checked everything, the found a bad mic gain pod. Replaced the pod now i have great forward swing. Still needs a lil adjusting but getting close to 40 watts with a 2 watt deadley

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.