• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

erf-2030 mod for cobra 29

Trainwreck

Aug 4, 2012
Ok,I have done two 29's with the erf2030 mod, both radios have a good dk but i cant hit the 40 watt mark. All i seem to get is 30 or less. Anybody have an idea of what resistor or cap i need to remove to hit the 40 watt mark or settle for what i am getting and be happy. Both radios sound good when getting outside radio checks. Thank you for yuor help and information

The ERF2030 is only a 25 watt transistor. I think you're doing really well to get 30 watts out of it. About 28 watts is all I've ever gotten out of them.

sent from my Davemade® phone

I agree, your radio is working just fine with that mod. To see more watts (which won't matter anyway) you will probably have to get a true peak reading meter, run into a dummy load, and bump up the voltage on your power supply to 14.8. After that some tune and alignment work will be needed. In the end what will that accomplish?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.