• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

ever see one of these?board pics are in -conversion help

fnkycoldmedina

May 18, 2005
pa
radiopictures039kn4.jpg

just picked this up ,hasnt arrived yet but looking for tune up info or whatever anyone knows about it .besides the obvious it also has dual finals and a heatsink.

Talk to DTB about that radio, the rg 33 (and I think the SS-33 was the same board)was in a class of its own as far as rod knocking Audio is concerned.

If I remember correctly, it used dual audio chips and transformer modulation. It packed one HECK of a modulation punch! (DTB)

Jeff

hey bear ..i cant see a old school radio like this being low on modulation .hopefully dtb will chime in soon.reminds me of the grant chassis/president line of radios .should tune up nicely .i will let you all know thats for sure .wont have it in my hands until early next week most likely.shockwave says dtb gave it a good review...see what he said about the modulation.who worked on the one you had bear?i plan on just turning up the amc pot in the radio and see what she does.

hey funky can you get a pic of the inside?,
i think the chassis dtb mentioned is the president jfk / scooper mky550e /chaser 5000, they had the dual finals and dual audio ic setup and plenty of tx audio but no heatsink on the back,
if that looks like a grant chassis i have never seen any radio like that before.

Re: ever see one of these?looking for tune up info n convers

fnkycoldmedina said:
radiopictures039kn4.jpg

just picked this up ,hasnt arrived yet but looking for tune up info or whatever anyone knows about it .besides the obvious it also has dual finals and a heatsink.

Looks Cool. Good luck with it. By the way, Im about to send that cobra of yours out for a good check over and tune up. also to find out where the heck that CB/PA switch actually takes it. haha. 73's joe THANKS FOR IT AGAIN ITS AWSEOME!!!

hey bob,when they get here (i bought 2)i will take a picture and post it .i mentioned the grant only because of the similar look it has .cant wait to see whats in it .someone from another forum said same as the 6900 board.should have them by early next week.i seen the back of one of these and it has a heatsink and a freq counter hookup.nice..............

i have also been told same as the rg33,and there is a rg 66,rg99 with ssb.

it had class b modulation

ok...and thats different than say a cobra 29 `s modulation?or a galaxy?please explain.i,m not well read on modulation classes.

hey bigred,your radio is in canada now...lol......it gets around.

fnkycoldmedina said:
it had class b modulation

ok...and thats different than say a cobra 29 `s modulation?or a galaxy?please explain.i,m not well read on modulation classes.

hey bigred,your radio is in canada now...lol......it gets around.

Haha my 68xl the SLutty radio hahaha

ok i got 2 different stories now ...one says his had a 3600 board and someone else says 6900 board .this should be interesting.either board should tune up just fine with plenty of modulation.

bigred dont be surprized your radio falls into different hands down there in canada too.the guy i sold a package deal too over there has been moving some radios .can you just imagine how far and how fast a radio can travel around.if it pops up somewhere we will know it ,hard to miss that radio...lol....

sure enough does ,now do you have any tune up info on it?which board?i seen these have a freq counter hookup too in the back.

crappola-clone radios. look at the rg 33, 66 & 99 & you'll see the same board inside, the 99 having more 'holes filled' then the other 2. the 33 having LOTS of empty holes. you can make a tristar 120 sound decent if you play with it right. when they were available new, they were overpriced. today people pay too much for the 'oddity'. buy a decent new radio.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.