• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Excessive Static

jkp1

Aug 29, 2016
Indianapolis
I was driving through central Indiana this morning. I had an s6 level of static. I turned the ref gain all the way down and it did change the noises level at all. I thought something was wrong with my radio or antenna. Coming home in the evening things were back to normal. I have never experience that much background static. Any ideals what was going on?

Reactions: secret squirrel

Spaceweather.com

"Earth-directed solar flare and halo cme (coronal mass ejection)
This morning, an explosion on the sun hurled a CME almost directly toward Earth. It's called a 'halo CME' because the storm cloud appears to make a halo around the solar disk as it moves in our direction.
Minor to moderately-strong geomagnetic storms are possible when the CME arrives during the late hours of Oct. 11th or Oct 12th."

I'd expect the effects of that to already be starting to affect us before the CME arrives.

I'd expect the effects of that to already be starting to affect us before the CME arrives.
R.cabb260a087c173b6fc45e9a7480bb9f

Spaceweather.com

"Earth-directed solar flare and halo cme (coronal mass ejection)
This morning, an explosion on the sun hurled a CME almost directly toward Earth. It's called a 'halo CME' because the storm cloud appears to make a halo around the solar disk as it moves in our direction.
Minor to moderately-strong geomagnetic storms are possible when the CME arrives during the late hours of Oct. 11th or Oct 12th."

I can confirm that it has definitely opened up in this part of the world, it's been dead for weeks here.

Reactions: Slowmover

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.