• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Executive Microphone question?

Crambone

Jan 22, 2019
I posted this under a new Thread as its a new issue.
Keying the unit. Now I have the CTZ-100C that is hooked to a Executive Frequency Synthesizer.
It hooks up as follows (cant find schematic for this one)
1) Power for CTZ-100C goes into back of Synthesizer at 120Vac (checked it has power)
2) REC & TX Driver cabels come from CTZ-100C to Synthesizer
3) Synthesizer has a cable out of back of unit that goes to the Microphone jack of the CTZ-100C
4) The Synthesizer has a mike jack on front for the microphone.

I wired the original microphone as shown on the schematic I think.
http://www.cbtricks.com/radios/international_crystal/ctz_100c/graphics/ctz_100c_sch.jpg

So when I try to key the mike I have nothing. Looking at the schematics I believe pin 1 should show power and it doesn't. Looking at pic included will help maybe?

If I jump 18Vdc to Pin 3 of the microphone jack in the back everything keys, when I key the mike everything un-keys?

picture of microphone contact, what wire should go to what pin? This is a non powered hand mike 4 PIN
Mike cable hasfrequency synthesizer.jpg Mike contact.jpg black, red, white, shield

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.