• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Expansion Kit

ive never seen this board before but i do remember seeing some mods by LESCOMM in the later issues of the old Secret CB books.

LC

Remember the "99" Kit?

For the 8719?

It would change the LED channel display to read up to "99" and then c1...c8 or whatever it was for 28.015...28.085 or whatever it was... and the channels lower than "1" down to 26.815 or whatever was the lowest freq were indicated in some other way?

I had a 148 with that "99" kit in it back in the very early 90's. I wonder if this kit as advertised on eBay changes the readout on the channel display, too?

If so, that would be very cool...

ButtFuzz

I wonder what I did with that 148 back then, I KNOW I didn't sell it... perhaps it is in the shed... hmmm...

its not a "99er" board.

i have one of those, and this is not it.

i doubt that it changes the display, but, im wrong alot. LOL

LC

yes, that is the best mod for this chassis hands down.

of course i could be just a bit biased as i am a moderator of that group.LOL

LC

99 board

I have 1 of them 99 boards that your talking about...Its used but still works if anybody is interested?

For 100 bucks, I'll stick to adding two switches to the PLL.

Three if a 10kc jump is wanted, 10$ and works fine.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.