• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

extra fan

jasonmc

Feb 13, 2012
does anybody know where to hook up power to an extra fan on the amp screw-off case in an rci 2970n2? where it'll shut off with the radio and get the right amount of power?

i'm thinking about dremel'ing a hole in the case and putting a 40mm fan there. the radio's not really turned up that much (120 watts) but it gets so hot so fast i'm scared for it.

also, is it normal for a voltage regulator to get really hot? under which conditions? i've tried every power setting from 1 watt to the most, tried many adjustments to the power setting of the radio, and no matter what it's the hottest, fastest to get hot, part in the radio.

i mean the voltage regulator or whatever is on the side inside i think it's called a B827

it doesn't have a heatsink or anything special for cooling like other stuff, but it gets so hot it stings to touch the metal it's pasted to.

why would that get so hot? hotter than even the amp. it doesn't even hook up to the amp, it's just for the radio itself. but why so hot? it's even dangerous to touch.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.