• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Fabrice Polynice, Harold Sido and Veronise Sido, Notice of Apparent Liability for Forfeiture

• Thread starter FCC Recent Releases -
  • Start date
F

FCC Recent Releases -

Proposes a monetary forfeiture of $144,344 against Fabrice Polynice, Harold Sido, and Veronise Sido for willfully operating an unlicensed FM broadcast radio station on 90.1 MHz from the Sido residence in North Miami, Florida.

Continue reading...

What do the feds do with the confiscated equipment??? I called the FCC, government auctions and another agency within the justice department a couple of months ago. Strangely no one could tell me where the confiscated equipment goes and when I asked one representative in the FCC she didn't have a clue. SMH

MANY years ago I know they had literally tons of gear in storage and then had a hole dug and it dumped in. Then it was ran over with bulldozers before filling the hole back in. Confiscated illegal gear cannot be resold. Industry Canada did the same thing up here.

MANY years ago I know they had literally tons of gear in storage and then had a hole dug and it dumped in. Then it was ran over with bulldozers before filling the hole back in. Confiscated illegal gear cannot be resold. Industry Canada did the same thing up here.

Even "type accepted" equipment that is being used by unlicensed people, like an amateur radio in the hands of and being used by an unlicensed person at the time it was confiscated? Being "type accepted" it's a legitimate accepted by the FCC piece of equipment, would they destroy those also?

Reactions: 338_MtRushmore
Even "type accepted" equipment that is being used by unlicensed people, like an amateur radio in the hands of and being used by an unlicensed person at the time it was confiscated? Being "type accepted" it's a legitimate accepted by the FCC piece of equipment, would they destroy those also?

YUP. All gone. I was in commercial broadcasting many years ago and routine inspections by the Department of Communications, later called Industry Canada, and actually got on that topic one day when we were touring our network. No idea about today but then again inspections are extremely rare so I doubt there is any confiscated gear of any amount to speak of. It may be sold to salvage dealers at government auctions now I have no idea.

Reactions: SmackDown
Why would they ignore the warnings? Now they are hit with 144k fine. What the heck, and they kept at it over and over. You would think big fines would be a deterrent.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated