• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

fanboys

B

BOOTY MONSTER

No one likes a fanboy. How about more perspective about tech? | Common Sense Tech - CNET News

this was written about computers , but it definitely happens in our lovely little hobby . they make a very good point though .
i've been on both sides of this and i'm sure i will in the future :whistle: :LOL:

"When non-fanboys criticize one of your favorites, it's doesn't necessarily mean that we hate it. We might actually like it. We just might have more perspective that you could use. Understand that, and you might come across as less annoying. You might also help the products you love get better."

Reactions: 1 person

"Imagine a world in which generations of human beings come to believe that certain films were made by God or that specific software was coded by him. Imagine a future in which millions of our descendants murder each other over rival interpretations of Star Wars or versions of Microsoft Windows. Could anything - anything - be more ridiculous? And yet, this would be no more ridiculous than the world we are living in." - Sam Harris,

one of my favorite quotes, yup fanboys come in all shapes & sizes

(fixed spelling error)

"Imagine a world in which generations of human beings come to believe that certain films were made by God or that specific software was coded by him. Imagine a future in which millions of our descendants murder each other over rival interpretations of Star Wars or versions of Microsoft Windows. Could anything - anything - be more ridiculous? And yet, this would be no more ridiculous than the world we are living in." - Sam Harris,

one of my favorite quotes, yup fanboys come in all shapes & sizes

(fixed spelling error)

that's exactly what has been happening for thousands of years with the old analog bible .
it was written by people ........ :whistle:

that's exactly what has been happening for thousands of years with the old analog bible .
it was written by people ........ :whistle:

if you liked that one, you'll love this one by Mark Twain (another favorite of mine)

"A God who could make good children as easily a bad, yet preferred to make bad ones; who could have made every one of them happy, yet never made a single happy one; who made them prize their bitter life, yet stingily cut it short; who gave his angels eternal happiness unearned, yet required his other children to earn it; who gave is angels painless lives, yet cursed his other children with biting miseries and maladies of mind and body; who mouths justice, and invented hell, mouths mercy, and invented hell, mouths Golden Rules and forgiveness multiplied by seventy times seven, and invented hell; who mouths morals to other people, and has none himself; who frowns upon crimes, yet commits them all; who created man without invitation, then tries to shuffle the responsibility for man's acts upon man, instead of honorably placing it where it belongs, upon himself; and finally, with altogether divine obtuseness, invites his poor abused slave to worship him!" --Mark Twain

if you liked that one, you'll love this one by Mark Twain (another favorite of mine)

"A God who could make good children as easily a bad, yet preferred to make bad ones; who could have made every one of them happy, yet never made a single happy one; who made them prize their bitter life, yet stingily cut it short; who gave his angels eternal happiness unearned, yet required his other children to earn it; who gave is angels painless lives, yet cursed his other children with biting miseries and maladies of mind and body; who mouths justice, and invented hell, mouths mercy, and invented hell, mouths Golden Rules and forgiveness multiplied by seventy times seven, and invented hell; who mouths morals to other people, and has none himself; who frowns upon crimes, yet commits them all; who created man without invitation, then tries to shuffle the responsibility for man's acts upon man, instead of honorably placing it where it belongs, upon himself; and finally, with altogether divine obtuseness, invites his poor abused slave to worship him!"

--Mark Twain
------------

AIN'T THAT THE GOD DAMN TRUTH !!!!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.