• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Favorite fiberglass antenna?

fiberglass

The Amazer is the best fiberglass antenna I have ever used. But it can't compete with the Comp style antennas like Predator 10k or Coily, or for that matter Wilson 5000 Trucker. Oh yes, let's not forget the 102" steel whip. I know, I know, ya' just wanted to know about favorite fiberglass... :D

LoneWolf TN

Ive had the I-MAX 2000 and the A-99...and I like the I-MAX2000 without the groundplane kit MUCH better than the
A-99 with the groundplane kit..

AM POWER

In my opinion??
An upgrade from the I-max 2000 is the Maco V5/8...

(Note) The only difference bettween the "normal" V5/8 and the
Maco V5/8 5000 is the awg of the wire from so239 to the gamma match...

Its not a fiberglass antenna but just thought some would like to know???

AM POWER

Well the only fiberglass base antenna I have owned is a A-99 and it works good. I have had two mobile fiberglass antenas a cobra and a fire stick used both of them at one point in time as a base antenna on the AC unit outside my house. Both tuned good. The fire stick tuned to 1:3. That was before I had my A-99. Well theres my $0.02

I owned a shakespeare super big stick about 10 years ago and never had a problem with it. Talked all over the world. I hear they have a military speck one now but there hard to find.

i have a mass tornado k8000 its a 5/8wave, performance is close to an imax better than a99, its stronger than the imax and some kind person has fitted a motor tuning device, i can sit in the car and press a button to tune the antenna up or down the band.

Fiberglass Antennas

I have used the A-99, Imax 2000, and some of the
fiberglass Skakespeare Antennas. The Army Big
Stick and Imax 2000 were my favorites.
But, the I-10k or Maco 5/8 will out-perform them.
As i have both of these also.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.