• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

FCC Finds New Jersey Ham Violated Communication Act, Reduces Forfeiture from $20,000

ARRL

Nov 15, 2008
After unsuccessfully appealing to the FCC to cancel his $20,000 forfeiture, Joaquim Barbosa, N2KBJ, of Elizabeth, New Jersey was issued a Forfeiture Order stating that he must pay $16,000 for “willfully and repeatedly violating Section 301 of the Communications Act of 1934, as amended by operating a radio transmitting equipment on the frequency 296.550 MHz without Commission authorization.”

The...

More...

within US borders

It wasn't so much as he got permission to use a radio from Brazil that uses Brazil frequencies within US borders as it was transmitting on US Gov. Freqs. :eek:

But this BMW is a gift from a German friend, and he is authorized to drive it at 140 MPH in Germany. And I have a German drivers permit which authorizes me to drive 140 MPH in Germany. How can you write me a ticket for 140 MPH on Interstate 95? It's just not fair.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.