• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

FCC Issues Two Forfeiture Notices for Cell Phone Jamming

ARRL

Nov 15, 2008
On April 9, the FCC found two businesses -- The Supply Room in Oxford, Alabama and Taylor Oilfield Manufacturing in Broussard, Louisiana -- to have “apparently willfully and repeatedly violated Sections 301, 302(b), and 333 of the Communications Act of 1934, as amended, and Sections 2.803(g) and 15.1(c) of the Commission’s rules by operating multiple cellular phone jammers.” In addition, the FC...

More...

you can tell the folks dont use phones unless on break and what do they do
use their phones all the time
so they tell them no phones they still use the phones
so they take the use of phones away from them and what do they do
they cry

just like the movie theater
when it comes on and says to quit the phone turn them off
then once the movie starts if i see someone near me light up a bright ass phone
and start texting i flip a switch
then they get up and leave then come back
like they shold have to began with

Reactions: 1 person
and some bastard pulls out a shotgun, or revels hes strapped with explosives? my wife calls, my son got hit by a car?

or how about these scumbag hotels still trying to cling to an obsolete business model, by playing dirty.

it is also quite possible your active jammer knocks out the remote base station, bring the whole site down.

if a company hates phones so much, fire people who use them during work. I hate companies that treat their employees like children/slaves. My job is more dangerous than theirs 100% guaranteed, and I would quit on the spot if they told me I could not use my phone at work. At the same time, people who are yacking on the phone all the time, they dont last long. If your phone interrupts you during an operation that someones life and limb is in your hands, your gone. Big difference between making a quick call while waiting on something, making a call that briefly interrupts your work, constantly stopping work to answer calls, like me but its work related, and letting go of the rope to answer the phone and killing someone.

Boy you would hate to work where I do....No cell coverage so no phone calls plain and simple LOL.

Reactions: 1 person
Boy you would hate to work where I do....No cell coverage so no phone calls plain and simple LOL.

Maybe you can buy a big cell phone booster and repeater.

I'm beginning to think my parents doctor's office has a jammer. I get full signal in the parking lot, but when I go in with them I get nothing.

Was it Boston or New York that had the Jammer Bandit? Media made him out like a hero jamming people in public that deserved to be jammed.

Obummer can lock down acres at a time to ride around in his diesel limo tank. That's OK. These guys were trying to get a handle on their workers/businesses. Not OK.

Maybe you can buy a big cell phone booster and repeater.

I'm beginning to think my parents doctor's office has a jammer. I get full signal in the parking lot, but when I go in with them I get nothing.

Even with a booster you don't get signal in many areas I work in....even with an antenna on a 100 foot tower.
As for your Dr's office, he might have it wrapped or insulated with a metallic film. I know one guys home that got great service then he re-insulated his house. After that no service inside. The insulation turned it into a big Faraday cage.

Even with a booster you don't get signal in many areas I work in....even with an antenna on a 100 foot tower.
As for your Dr's office, he might have it wrapped or insulated with a metallic film. I know one guys home that got great service then he re-insulated his house. After that no service inside. The insulation turned it into a big Faraday cage.

passive RF jamming. There is actually a RF shielding panel made, although quite expensive, not something the local Ramada Inn or movie theater would have, but more like industrial and state counter espionage. Passive "jamming" is legal BTW.

As for boosters, lets just say they're the #1 cause of external RFI for cell sites.

that would attenuate most of your signal, but some of it will reflect off the aluminum, and find its way out. A heavy gauge metal roof like a grocery store will also block the crap out of your signal

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.