• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

FCC rule change to allow FM?

towerdog

one-niner-seven
Nov 18, 2009
NC
I heard somewhere they were going to allow FM in addition to AM and SSB. This true? Anybody coming out with an FCC radio to do FM? AM audio when done right to me sounds better than AM but I dont hear it done right often and AM/SSB are king for DX. But with FM you can have toned squelch. Basically VHF "low band", superior to VHF and UHF anywhere outside of an urban enviorment, except those years around 11 years when its all skip, lower atmospheric path loss, better refraction over rough terrain, and wideband channels. Please say it so.

I heard somewhere they were going to allow FM in addition to AM and SSB. This true? Anybody coming out with an FCC radio to do FM? AM audio when done right to me sounds better than AM but I dont hear it done right often and AM/SSB are king for DX. But with FM you can have toned squelch. Basically VHF "low band", superior to VHF and UHF anywhere outside of an urban enviorment, except those years around 11 years when its all skip, lower atmospheric path loss, better refraction over rough terrain, and wideband channels. Please say it so.
There is a thread here somewhere, but yes FM is now legal on the CB band.
There are a couple radios out, a handheld and a mobile and I am sure more to come.

Jeff

There is a thread here somewhere, but yes FM is now legal on the CB band.
There are a couple radios out, a handheld and a mobile and I am sure more to come.

Jeff
I would think or hope the newest version of the President Randy FCC. The euro version has FM CTCSS and DCS already.

I don't remember right now but I think Cobra and President were the ones to propose the rule change to the FCC so maybe they will introduce some AM FM models.
I am sure it is much less costly for President as they have a market already overseas that includes FM models.
Just cobble power output and frequency coverage and submit a FCC report to be approved.

Jeff

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.