• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Another FM Radio

How about an 880FM?

• Haha
Reactions: NZ8N and Rwb
You'd think they'd add FM to the 980 radio, too. Though, in the vehicles I have, I don't have room for large radios. Need something with a detachable control head like a lot of the dual band ham ham rigs, or something the size of the President Ronald/Thomas.

The first company to come out with a remote-head AM/FM/SSB rig is gonna get my money. :D

You'd think they'd add FM to the 980 radio, too. Though, in the vehicles I have, I don't have room for large radios. Need something with a detachable control head like a lot of the dual band ham ham rigs, or something the size of the President Ronald/Thomas.

The first company to come out with a remote-head AM/FM/SSB rig is gonna get my money. :D
If you want a 980 with FM just get a President Grant II.
1650402028091.png

It's been a while for me but I think it's pretty cool that the FCC has allowed this on regular CB bands ! (can only hope that it doesn't turn out to be a mess waiting to happen ?) I can remember back in the early 80's ? When FCC was thinking about allowing 40 channels above 40 for SSB use but it fell through and never happened. (That legally would have been pretty cool) one things for sure though , looks like Cobra/Uniden and others should benefit from this selling radios .

It's been a while for me but I think it's pretty cool that the FCC has allowed this on regular CB bands ! (can only hope that it doesn't turn out to be a mess waiting to happen ?) I can remember back in the early 80's ? When FCC was thinking about allowing 40 channels above 40 for SSB use but it fell through and never happened. (That legally would have been pretty cool) one things for sure though , looks like Cobra/Uniden and others should benefit from this selling radios .
It would be great if the FCC would give us the upper 40. Then maybe the multi norm radios that are used in Europe and the rest of the world would be available here. Sure would make it easier for radio companies to come out with new radios without having to build radios for different markets.

I heard someone speaking Spanish the other day on ch40 FM.

Reactions: Switch Kit and Rwb

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.