• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

FCC Special Counsel Laura Smith Visits ARRL

ARRL

Nov 15, 2008
FCC Special Counsel Laura Smith visited ARRL Headquarters on March 5 and 6, her first official visit as Special Counsel. Smith was named to the position earlier this year, filling the vacancy created when Riley Hollingsworth, K4ZDH, retired in 2008; Hollingsworth served in that position for more than 10 years as the Commission's enforcement watchdog over the Amateur Radio Service.

More...

hahah, I like the way they detect powerline noise, I just use a cheap cb radio.

And on edit is submit this ditty.

Smith is not yet a licensed amateur. She said that she will get her license "someday," but that she did not want to get her license just because her job involves Amateur Radio:

I ask, why would anyone learn not what their job intails before taking the job? this must be a case of on the job training and I suspect many in the amateur radio field are not happy with this appointment.

Last edited:
hahah, I like the way they detect powerline noise, I just use a cheap cb radio.

And on edit is submit this ditty.

Smith is not yet a licensed amateur. She said that she will get her license "someday," but that she did not want to get her license just because her job involves Amateur Radio:

I ask, why would anyone learn not what their job intails before taking the job? this must be a case of on the job training and I suspect many in the amateur radio field are not happy with this appointment.

Because it has more to do with politics than radio.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.