• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

FCC Upholds $7000 Forfeiture Order to California CB Operator

ARRL

Nov 15, 2008
After a Merced, California man refused to let FCC investigators inspect his Citizens Band (CB) radio station, the FCC issued -- and upheld -- a Notice of Apparent Liability for Forfeiture (NAL) for $7000 for not allowing the inspection. In issuing the NAL in March 2011, the FCC found that Ira Jones “apparently willfully and repeatedly” violated Section 303(n) of the Communications Act of 1934, ...

More...

Ira Jones Is still on the Air in Merced Ca, has not ceased operation and if you drive through that town today, you will find him talking on 27.165 daily causing hate and discontent.
Often you will hear him bragging about how the FCC did not enter his house, will not enter his house, nor will they ever collect a dime of the $7000 that he has been fined.
He goes by Falcon on the radio down there, drop by some time and say hello to him.
The problem with that guy started long before the first visit by the FCC in 2010, and the guy has been a thorn in every CB operators side down there since the 90`s.
The guy is a NUT CASE.
If he would have stopped using his Amp the first time the FCC showed up at his door he most likely would not have heard from them again, but he refused and kept on keeping on.
It will be interesting to see how this play`s out from here.

Jeff

hope this guys house catches fire while he is on the radio and then the fire dept can't get the call due to his interference.

Reactions: 2 people
Aug 25 isn't far away, RIP Mr Jones.

Probably just needed his coils un-spread, a low-pass filter and a small tuner between the amp & radio to cut harmonics.

Soon Merced may once again be the quiet place to play CB like it was when I was on the air there in 1974.

They tore down the old ranch house where I spent my childhood, shortly after Grandma died, broke up the lot into 3 lots and I've never been back.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.