• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

FCC will take away another ham band in 2021

Except for a small sliver of 700 and 800mhz the cell companies will end up owning everything above 590mhz. They have already had great success with ““5G”” in 600mhz.

I expect sooner or later Hams will get pushed out of 400mhz too. Public safety is running out of room in the 700/800mhz band.

I have to say you are correct, the spectrum is too valuable to the FCC and we don't use it hard enough to lay claim to it.
They make billions of $$ off of selling the air waves and there is little we can do to stop it.
Big money talks and hams walk
Ham radio is not a valuable service to the FCC anymore, we are just a bunch of old guys yacking on radio.
We figured that out when Cal Fire said they would no longer support ham radio out here as it is not needed anymore.
Highest bid wins.

Jeff

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
The Cal Fire debate isn’t about taking away any frequency spectrum. Rather it’s about whether Ham radio repeaters should be paying rental fees that are being placed within Cal Fires shacks (vaults). It seems that this has been blown out of proportion by several parties with their own agendas. I agree with Zeliff with his statement on this issue. “We use Ham radio all the time out here in Shingletown whether it is a snowstorm, car accident, criminal activity, fire or an earthquake.” “I sleep well at night because I have Ham radios in my home and we use them.” Ham’s will have their repeaters, regardless if they’re being granted space in some commercial vault or some club owns them.

If I had to get rid of all the stuff I don't use, my house would implode from the resulting vacuum. Except for the vacuum; I do use it.

I hear that. I would end up with a nearly empty shack, an empty basement and the entire upstairs in my shop. It's the glue that holds this place together. LOL

Yes fcc is slowly chipping away at our bands.
As for left wing,right wing ,all you need to remember left wing n right wing are both parts of same corrupt bird

Reactions: Bow and 543_Dallas

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated