• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

FedEx experience with FCC

Moleculo said:
The part that you seem to refuse to try and uderstand is that many people don't believe that the "airwaves" is something that you can steal. In fact, the original Native American Indians would laugh that notion like you were some silly kid, for they believed it impossible to sell or own something that is of nature. The "airwaves" were there before you were around; they'll be there after you're worm food. You can't steal something that is impossible for you to own with this line of thought.

The Indians also believed that you could not "own" land. Therefore, I have the right to thump you on the head and take your house. Provided that you don't thump me first and harder. It was a way of life with them. Oh yeah, they lost.

Rich

The Indians also believed that you could not "own" land. Therefore, I have the right to thump you on the head and take your house.

Not quite accurate: They did have a concept of ownership or posession of physical things. Therefore, my house would be off limits...I could own that and you'd get punished for trying to take it. The land it sits on would be a different story though.

I got a great idea! Lets get the fcc to make the ten meter band open to drivers by adding a few questions to the cdl exam. The drivers would then be legal, think about that CW 3 million new hams! :D

Can't be done. Ten Meters is allocated as an INTERNATIONAL band by Treaty. The US is signatory to that treaty, and it isn't likely to happen. More likely, from I hear, the truckers are fixing to get their feathers singed by FCC with DOT inspections, fines and/or seizures.

BTW, the FCC is HIRING technicians for their Columbia, MD monitoring station! :D Sic 'em! LMAO! :p

CWM[/i]

d

I know some Fed Ex drivers that run some fairly powerful CB radio equipment. I can hear them commin' from miles and miles away.

LoneWolf TN

Not to "stir the pot"..... :) :D
But FED-Ex and UPS are on another buying spree.....the "Big boys" are growing even larger and the new additions include mostly NON-union drivers....With different management styles do you REALLY think "export radios" are going to be the talk over profit and service ;) ;)..These buy outs were profitable ,strong companies to help expand territories and bottom lines $$$$$$$$ ;) ;)

Fed-ex just took on Watkins motor lines...those boys travel the country and can be "Heard" :roll: :roll: :roll:

UPS just purchased Overnite,the colors might change on the trucks but do you really think the "Radios" in the "rigs" will be lost..... :p :p :p ..

No I am not encouraging the "Splattering of HAM waves" but "boys and girls" enforcement in the world I work in puts "Radio" way down on the bottom of the list..........An "Export" pales to compare to "junk equipment" (80,000** rig with bad brakes,) fatigued drivers,"you want it when mentality",$3.00+ a gallon fuel and the list goes on......

I will really "step out on the branch" ;) ;) here and say stopping these RADIOS at the manufacturer is like trying to stop V-8s from Ford,Chevy Or Dodge.....Plain "Vanilla" cars with just (4) cylinders are better but you can buy the larger ,more POWAful one BUT keep it under a 100 mph,it may cost a little more to maintain but that POWA is well worth it ;) 8) 8)
And those on a budget can even opt for a smaller upgrade a V-6.....more POWA than the 4 but less toys than the 8's :roll: :roll: ....

Supply and demand....free enterprise in AMERICA.........gotta love it.........IF not you can always leave,this ain't no "Dam HOTEL CALIFORNIA" :p :p ;)

Snoope back quiet ;) ;)

CWM I think you must have misunderstood what I said, which was make the entry test part of the CDL exam and give 10 meter phone privilages as part of it. This could be done, and should be done for the tech class anyway!

Re: d

LoneWolf TN said:
I know some Fed Ex drivers that run some fairly powerful CB radio equipment. I can hear them commin' from miles and miles away.

LoneWolf TN

I saw some powerful equipment being advertised on a trucking board, too. Guess they haven't gotten caught.............yet.

CWM

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated