• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Feedback Issue

jbo

Sep 27, 2005
Oscoda MI
I have a road devil mic on a uniden pc76xl and I am getting a lot of feedback when the mic gain is turned up above a quarter of the way. I have turned down the mic volume as well as the mike gain to almost zero, and still get this. Is that normal and if not what can I do to fix it?

road devil

I have heard of this problem with the road devil . Is your radio cliped or audio pot turned all the way up??? If so the audio migh thave to be turned down in the radio or i hear alot of guys saying that the rivlet holding the mic clip on the mic is touching the battery inside the mic ( head of rivelt is on the inside and holds the mic clip on the outside of the mic) and it cause feed back or the mic to squeal for some real for wah treason i dont really know . What i was that waht fixes it is wrap the 9volt battery in a peice of thin cardboard (shoe box type . SO the batery dont touch the board for the mic or the head of the rivlet

I dont kno wif this really work but it wont hurt anything to try it

If your radio has talkback *which it sounds like it does* then that is most likely your source of feedback, especially with the power mic.. You can try lowering your talkback level down some or you can put the talkback on a switch and just turn it off...OR you can pull the talkback completely..

Hope this helps

Your radio has talkback ?(in other words you can hear yourself) but yet the radio hasn't been tuned up or down ? .....if it has tb chances are it's a simple resistor on the bottom of the board between the ex.speaker and PA grounds ....should be very easily seen right underneth both jacks on the bottom of the board .....lets say if it's 50 ohm you can bring up the omage for less talkback (75.80.100)....or just desolder or clip the resistor out for no talkback at at all.........but yet this all sounds a little odd to me ?

I should clarify that I am not sure that it hasn't been tuned or clipped. I was told it wasn't by its previous owner and I purchased it off ebay. I really like the radio I am just kind of annoyed by the talkback if thats what it is. I will probably just live with it, I am sure that more I use it I won't notice its there.

like I said JBO .....sure you can get used to the talkback .....but one way to tell for sure if that's what it is ? is too look on the bottom of the board right under where the two jacks are in the back .....if you see a resistor there ? that's your talkback .....if you don't want it ? you can just clip the resistor off the board ....simple as that and then you wont have talkback anymore ......that's if you have it in the first place as you said, and it's not something else ? talkback can also be applied at the mic jack as well. Good Luck

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.