• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Few question on my Optima MK3..

Yeah I didnt think about the antenna being bad. Its off the truck now and Im waiting for an antenna. I like the Sirio's.. Standby for another thread lol

ya I would trust that your mic (Tucker442)is probably not the problem,, that's why im thinking the used Wilson 1000 has something to do with it,, mine failed after about 3 months of use, I would never buy a used Wilson or a new one for that matter, its not if it will take on moisture but when.

you can also try a radio reset when you get your new antenna:

The internal processor can be reset by turning on the radio
with the Function (Clarifier knob) depressed. Radio returns
to default condition

Last edited:
I bought a Sirio 5000 and really don't think it works any better than the Wilson 5000 that was in it's same place matter of fact this week I am going to put the Wilson back I think it worked better just my opinion Sue was easier to talk skip in the morning with the Wilson over the Sirio

I'd be willing to sell you the Sirio 5000 but if you don't like the mic I am sure you won't like the antenna either so I'll just keep it

Attachments

• Sirio Tag 3-10-14.jpg
    Sirio Tag 3-10-14.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 4
I guess getting old just makes it tough to deal with younger guys sorry if I offend anybody that is not my intension but I am just trying to help you young guys out with what I have spent money and time with over the last 40 or more years so sorry but I really have a good intension to help you if I sell you something it is because I feel it is a good product and works better that what your using or I have used it and don't like it and will tell you so. So who ever bought my HM-12 sorry I am not good going back to find your screen name and really don't want to ID you, something else is wrong it's not the mic and I would be more than glad to get it back so I can resell it for a lot more money. So have a nice day friends here on this forum

I bought a Sirio 5000 and really don't think it works any better than the Wilson 5000 that was in it's same place matter of fact this week I am going to put the Wilson back I think it worked better just my opinion Sue was easier to talk skip in the morning with the Wilson over the Sirio

wow really?? how it do locallly then????

Actually have not had contacts locally to compare, seems my local guys are just not on as much as a few months ago and with my every Saturday shopping with the wife the only people to talk to are Skip Shooters

Actually have not had contacts locally to compare, seems my local guys are just not on as much as a few months ago and with my every Saturday shopping with the wife the only people to talk to are Skip Shooters

ok . just curious judging antenna performance on dx contacts to me is '
not a real good test . but i know what your saying about them not being
on much more . mine are on early and off by 9am. lol

HotRod let me say with the Wilson 5000 if I heard them I could talk to them easy, seems with the Sirio 5000 they have to be in the 7 to 9 S units on the meter or I don't get a comeback. Now I have been running the same setup in my Chevy Tahoe for well over 5 years just switch radios from time to time. After seeing CB Radio Magazines test of the Sirio I just wanted to try one when I got the money. To be honest I never checked the SWR with the Wilson but after using the Sirio for a week or so and getting no contacts I did set the SWR and now it's between 1.2 and 1.3 all across the band. So it got better as far as contacts but still they have to be 7 or more S units for me to get a comeback. Yes I know skip is no way to test anything because conditions change so fast sometimes but for the longest time I could talk to the same guy in Ireland every morning on my way to work.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.