• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Few question on my Optima MK3..

So turn off the if filter. ( the one that turns on the light )

Also this is weird... When I turn on the cb, I get a lot of static. If I just key up for 2 sec and then key down I hear everyone talking.... If I don't do that ill never hear anything..

Any idea on what's what?

So turn off the if filter. ( the one that turns on the light )

Also this is weird... When I turn on the cb, I get a lot of static. If I just key up for 2 sec and then key down I hear everyone talking.... If I don't do that ill never hear anything..

Any idea on what's what?

Can you make a video of that and post it?

You know anyone with a base station? Put your radio on it and test it out, then give u some different mobile reports.

I'm leaning towards an intermittent issue with your antenna or feedline, including the UHF connector.

Last edited:
Can you make a video of that and post it?

You know anyone with a base station? Put your radio on it and test it out, then give u some different mobile reports.

I'm leaning towards an intermittent issue with your antenna or feedline, including the UHF connector.

i had similar issues . my coax jumpers were bad

Yeah it doesn't do it all the time... I'll see if I can catch it.

I had the squelch up a hair ( as you can see ) but still the lag is there

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhmMCvzMsYI

Im sure someone will say I set the video up etc, but honestly no I didnt. Also channel 31 is my local channel, so its always hopping.. Im starting to like the radio now though.. I heard a few guys talking on sideband, but I tired to get into the convo and I was ignored. Or maybe they didnt hear me?? I have to read up more on sideband etiquette. Unless someone has any pointers for me.

Last edited:
Hey Duster, that Kenwood mic you bought. I seen this one that actually has buttons where the other doesnt. Mic for Kenwood MC 44 TM 701A TM 721A TM 731A TM2530A TM2550A TM2570A TM 231 241 | eBay

Do you think they will work? Or just go with this one: Hand Mic for Icom IC 275 IC 375 IC 475 IC 761 IC 910H IC 970A IC 970H HM 36 | eBay

Also does the kenwood has more bass? I was getting reports that I have low bass and sounds flat. DTB told me I had to hold the mic up to my lips when I talk, and thats going to get old fast. I guess thats another difference between a ham and CB radio? I also received reports of static at first tx and then clears up nicely using an icom HM12 ( Real, not copy ).

something in your vid just does not seem right,, do you have any other antenna's you can try, is your Wilson new or used? , does the receive come and go when you wiggle test your connections?

Something is wrong with the mic. Get that mic disconnected quickly. Do you have the stock mic?

The Optima has voltage on one of the pins, can't recall which at the moment. You can damage the radio if not careful.

Reactions: 1 person

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.