• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Field Day - 2015 @ Juniper Springs group campground

kk6hdu

Oct 31, 2013
Attention Scrappers -

Our Field Day 2015 camping location has been reserved @ Juniper Springs group campground.

The total cost of for this location during Field Day 2015 (June 26 & 27) is $249. There are a total of 8 "vehicle camp spots" up to 25' in trailer length. Each spot is $31 for BOTH nights. Spots will go fast!! Please respond to this thread if you would like to reserve a "spot". Please make payment arrangements with KI6LSF (David) as he put up the total reservation amount, either before or at the actual event - Thanks LSF!

Here is a LINK for more information about the campsite location. For those of you who attended last year, it's the same location.

So far, the following HAMs have a reservation:

- KI6LSF
- K9KAO
- K6DXN / K6HZH
- KK6HDU / KK6HUG

Thanks for the place-holder, Marc.

YES, I would like to reserve a spot for 'Eileen' and me :eek:

Back from Automeister 12-24-14.jpg

Reactions: KK6MJO
Joe KJ6UIX and I have already told David LSF to hold a spot for us, which he said he has. So Joe and I are covered there.

Dave:

Please reserve spot for KI6OWM Anthony. He will be bringing his family, single truck with tent trailer.

K9KAO

I know it's last minute, been talking about this location since the Lake Fire broke out.

It's a bit of a drive for those of you in the IE, but I've been going to this location since 1997, my cabin is nearby, I frequent this area a lot when I'm up there - 4x4'ing, drinking, causing trouble, etc. No bathrooms at the site, there are 2 outhouses at the bottom of the mountain trail. Trail is a dirt fire road, maintained VERY well. Pop-up trailers shouldn't be a problem, anything longer than that WILL be a problem.

http://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/lpnf/recreation/ohv/recarea/?recid=10988&actid=29

For those of you concerned about weather. Zip code = 93222. The closest reliable weather station for that area is in town, which is approx 2k feet lower than the campsite. I would estimate a difference of 5 - 10 degrees cooler than what is mentioned online.

Eileen was getting hard to start so I check the water level and put the charger on the battery. I wire-brushed all the terminals and reconnected, but she still didn't want to start easily. I bought a new Interstate battery and the same thing :(

It looks like the starter is shot. I don't think I'll be able to replace it in time to make Field Day this time, but I'll try to listen up for you guys ...

Don't think that getting North of it is going to help. Last week the smoke was blowing S. East down toward Coachella. Today it's headed dead North back in to more fuel. This morning it was blowing towards Vegas, by this afternoon it was headed No. West. This pic is from the So. bound 15 North of Baker. It was thick between Baker & Barstow.
baker smoke.JPG

Its gonna be mid eightys at Brett KHVs house...

.... just sayin....

or crash FLGs party up on Blueridge !!

Big B

Reactions: KK6MJO
dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated