• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

filters for 706mk2g

Jun 22, 2008
n.w. oregon
i got a new 706mk2g. it has provisions for 2 filters. i already bought but havnt instaled the fl-223. was wondering if i can put the fl 103 ssb filter in the other spot.??? the reason i ask is the other day i was shooting some skip on my 756 pro2 and when i used the 1.9 ssb filter it cut LOTS of the hash out but it made everybody sound tinny. i then tryed the 2.4 filter and it was a good mix of cutting noise and people not sounding tinny. the other ssb filter offered for the 706mk2g is actually a 2.8 but i hate to install just the 1.8 ssb filter and find out it sounds just as tinny. this radio is for ssb only. so i gues what im asking is,could i put the fl-223 and the fl-103 in the optional filter slots.?? i dont do no cw/ritty .if these questions sound silly to you pros im a newbe here as far as the icom filter installs. i just dont want to open it up and then have to open it up and add another filter. id rather do it all at the same time.

After further reading of the manual for the 706mk2g,it says you can use any 2 of the optional filters offered for the 706 to suit your operating needs. so i gues it basically answered my own question. jumped the gun a little i guess. im new to the 706mk2g and didnt want to screw up a new radio.:confused:

can't find the link right now, but it's on the web in a few spots! tells of putting X filter in Y slot for ssb....when you 'switch' filters, the radio is tricked into thinking you have Y when X is better....for a particular situation. have heard it on a base & it made a difference....for a particular situation. haven't done it to mine, mobile only & well, ya know.....

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.